Handling Divorce Scenarios in Today’s Day and Age: What You Need To Know
When the axiomatic “spark” disappears from a marriage, the relationship eventually begins to turn sour and degrade into a confrontational, often provocative situation, which begs the age-old question of, “why?”
Motivations for Divorce
Well, according to a few recent studies, the primary reasons behind today’s divorce proceedings usually fall into one of nine distinct categories:
- Money problems and disputes
- Extramarital affairs
- Intrusive or interfering ex-partners
- Disparities in sexual preferences and libido
- Meddling or insensitive parents and family members
- Children from previous relationships
- Inability to calmly resolve differences
- Refusal to communicate, share, or “just talk”
- Privacy disagreements; incessant fear of concealment
UK’s Divorce Statistics
Given the familiar, almost archetypal nature of these causalities, everyone – regardless of age, background, or length of relationship – can fall victim to one of these contentious scenarios. If you had any doubts about the frequency and regularity of divorces in the United Kingdom, take a moment to peruse the facts and figures shown below:
- The number of divorces throughout the EU is on the rise with more than 1.8 divorces per 1,000 people.
- However, Britain takes it to another level with a whopping average of 2.8 divorces per 1,000 citizens.
- More than one in four children are born outside of marriage.
- Over 140,000 couples divorced during the past year alone.
- The gap between the number of people getting married v getting a divorce is now at its greatest disparity since 1992.
As you can see, it’s important to cognise the staunch realities of divorce regardless of how sturdy and indefatigable your marriage might be. As such, it’s important to identify the calling cards of the most reputable divorce lawyers in London, because after all, it’s better to be safe than sorry, especially when taking into account the numerous assets, properties, possessions, and even children that may be on the line one day. In this regard, feel free to use the information shown below as a checklist to help you vet and evaluate the local legal landscape.
In order to avoid the detriments associated with hiring a novice solicitor or rookie advocate, it’s in your best interests to ensure that every legal firm on your shortlist has multiple decades of experience within the divorce arena. With this notion in mind, the most renowned legal teams have been around for multiple generations and sometimes for over 100 years.
Next, you’ll want to check each legal firm’s documented list of accreditations, certifications, and endorsements for the following recognitions:
- The Law Society certification
- Resolution Association approval
- Family Law Panel accreditation
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS)
Suite of Services
Since divorce proceedings are incredibly nuanced, complex, and multifaceted, you’ll want to ensure that your team is resourceful, multitalented, and versatile. In this regard, the best-rated legal firms tend to feature a wide-ranging assortment of specialties and aptitudes:
- Family and Divorce Law
- Child Care Law
- Wills, Probate, and Trusts
- Housing Law
- Notary Public
- Litigation and Judicial Review
- Wide range of commercial proficiencies, such as discrimination, academy establishment, partnership and sole trader situations, and commercial property cases as well.
With this information at your disposal, you’re more than ready to ascertain a reputable legal team in your vicinity and stow away the contact information for a rainy day.